Lily Pie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

10.09.2009

Eldon Glenn Raney

On Friday Oct 2 we recieved a call we had sadly been expecting. My grandpa (aka Poppy) who is my fathers dad, had passed @ 5:30 that morning. He had been suffering from alzheimers for some time now, and mentally he was gone a long time ago. My Poppy was very strong in his faith, always studying the word and sharing it with anyone and everyone he came in contact with.  He wanted to make sure that he would be surrounded by his loved ones in Heaven. Poppy left an awesome impact on the hearts of all he loved, and we all will carry a piece of him forever. I am extremely thankful that Layla had the oppurtunity to meet him, and even though she will not remember we will have pictures and lots of stories to tell her! Although we are sad with his death and will miss him greatly, we can rejoice in the fact that he is no longer suffering and is peaceful at last.




Poppy and I a few years back before he got sick.




Layla meeting Poppy for the first time in June




They got along great : )




So Presh!


So I will leave you with the lyrics to the song that has brought me the most comfort in this hard time.

O Come Angel Band

My latest sun is sinking fast,
My race is nearly run;
My strongest trials now are past,
My triumph has begun

I know I'm near the holy ranks
Of friends and kindred dear-
I hear the waves on Jordan's banks,
The crossing must be near

I've almost reached my heav'nly home,
My spirit loudly sings,
Thy holy ones behold they come!
I hear the noise of wings

O, bear my longing heart to Him,
Who bled and died for me;
Whose blood now cleanses from all sin,
And gives me victory!

O come angel band,
Come and around me stand;
O bear me away on your snow white wings
To my eternal home;
O bear me away on your snow white wings
To my eternal home.

No comments: