Today we had a huge celebration dinner for my Grandma Medinas 85th birthday! 85 YEARS! I am so grateful and blessed to have my grandma in my life. She is 85 and probably has more energy than I do! She still volunteers at the VFW near her house, attends all of the family functions, celebrations, games, and so on of ALL of us grand kids and great grandkids...and after having 10 kids of her own, you can only imagine how many kids that is. She is just a go go go type person and doesnt look like she is slowing down anytime soon. She is an incredibly strong woman and has a heart of gold, she is always looking to help others as much as she can. I am so thankful that I have grown up around and her and love even more that Layla will be able to spend time with her and get to know her like I did.
I wish I could say we got to stay as long as we wanted and had a super duper great time ...BUT... Layla is not fond of loud noise and with 50+ people all in one house you can only imagine how loud it was. On top of that I was busy trying to get pictures of everyone and their family for the scrapbook I am putting together for her. So thankfully my INCREDIBLE husband took care of my sad and fussy baby so I could get as much done as possible. We did end up having to leave early, but had a pretty great time the little bit we were there. Here are some pictures from the night :
Layla in her party dress
G'Ana, Mom, Layla, and Dad
My grandma and all her kids!
Layla after we got home!
No comments:
Post a Comment